You now have the ability to download forms and upload completed forms directly through My Portal!
Navigate to the Forms page under Certifications and select or upload the appropriate form.
Visit our BCNS Form Overview page for more information.
Step 1: Degree & Coursework
The required degree and coursework must be complete before submitting the application.
Step 2: Practice Experience
Obtain 1,000 hours of Supervised Practice Experience with a BCNS-approved supervisor and submit documentation.
Although the Supervised Practice Experience hours may be completed before or after passing the BCNS Certifying Examination, it is important to note that historically those who have completed the practice experience perform better on the exam than those who have not. The CNS credential will not be awarded until the completed experience has been approved by the BCNS credentials council
- Submit Supervisor Approval Application - New supervisors* must complete this application and return it and their resume/CV to the candidate for submission through My Portal.
- Submit Supervisor Approval Application Addendum - Pre-approved supervisors must complete this one page addendum for each new candidate and return it to the candidate for submission through My Portal.
*All supervisors must be approved by the BCNS
Upon completion of the Supervised Practice Experience, the following forms must be submitted via My Portal by the candidate:
- Candidate’s Report
- CNS SPE Hours Tracking Tool (Excel)
Upon completion of the hours worked under their supervision the following form must be submitted by the supervisor:
- Supervisor’s Report - Supervisors must send reports directly to the BCNS at email@example.com
Step 3: Examination
Once you have completed your Eligibility Requirements (Degree and Coursework) Complete the Exam Application
For Nutritionists & Healthcare Pros
- Exam Application for Nutrition Professionals
Certification Examinations for Nutrition Specialists℠ are held twice a year in June and November. The next exam will be held on Sunday, June 7, 2020. The deadline for applications is April 3, 2020.
Candidates who pass the examination and complete the supervised practice experience requirements will be granted the Certified Nutrition Specialist® credential.