Due to COVID-19, the June 7, 2020 exam is postponed to August 1-5, 2020.
If you were approved to sit for the June exam, you should have received information from the BCNS. If you have been approved and did NOT receive information on the postponement details, please contact the BCNS.
The exam application for the August exam has been extended to Friday, May 29, 2020. Please see the pages on the Application Process.
There will be two options to take the August CNS Exam:
1. Local test center - Candidates will choose the test center and the date and time slot available for the computer-based test proctored in-person and on site.
2. Remote proctor test - Candidates will choose the date and time slot available for the computer-based test proctored remotely via webcam and audio by BCNS partner, Prometric, and delivered online with your own personal computer equipment.
We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Iso-Quality Testing, Inc. and now have the ability to offer hundreds of testing centers across the country and the world so that candidates won't have to travel. There will be a nominal fee, paid directly to the test center.
Upon your application approval to sit for the CNS exam, details will be sent to you so you can arrange for your local test center.
Please refer to the Iso-Quality Testing, Inc. website for general updates and developments regarding test centers, scheduled exam dates and cancellations due to COVID-19.
Here is a list of current test centers.
The Fall/Winter exam will be held on Saturday, December 5, 2020 from 9am-1pm (local times.) The deadline for applications is October 9, 2020.
We Set Robust Standards for the Practice of Personalized Nutrition:
- Our certifying board, the Board for Certification of Nutrition SpecialistsSM (BCNSSM), sets the standard for advanced personalized nutrition practitioners via our Certified Nutrition Specialist® (CNS®) credential.
- We certify practitioners in specialty areas of advanced personalized nutrition.
- We designate as Fellows those who have distinguished themselves in the area of nutrition science and research.
- We partner with universities to instill curriculum standards that equip the next generation of nutrition professionals.
The Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists℠ (BCNS℠) was established in 1993 and administers the advanced certification for personalized nutrition practitioners: Certified Nutrition Specialist® (CNS®).