Tuesday, September 28, 2021: Catalyst (Afternoon)
Welcome & The State of the Personalized Nutrition Industry
- Michael Stroka, JD, MBA, CNS, LDN
- Jeffrey Blumberg, PhD, FACN, FASN, CNS-S
- Tom Aarts
Session: Personalization Trends: Labs, Devices, Assessments & the Practitioner - This session will explore innovations and challenges in nutrition science, technology, and industry in the evolving landscape of personalized nutrition. We will discuss the benefits of technology and its horizons and limitations, including the role of expert practitioner knowledge in the digital era.
- Moderator: Victor Chapela
- Mariëtte Abrahams, MBA, RD
- Manoj Dadlani
- Ahmed El-Sohemy, PhD
- Dorian Greenow
- Ari Tulla
Wednesday, September 29, 2021: Catalyst (Morning)
Session: Scaling the Personalized Nutrition Movement - Personalized nutrition has tremendous potential to benefit the health of our society. Yet many barriers such as cost, value, availability, and accessibility stand in the way of widespread adoption. Panelists will illuminate learnings from their work to set a baseline for discussion around how stakeholders can take concerted action to eliminate barriers to scaling personalized nutrition.
This session developed in collaboration with World Economic Forum.
- Moderator: Rob Frankfurt & Andy Moose
- Aparna (Amy) Divaraniya, PhD, MS, BS
- Christopher Lynch, PhD
- Sherry Zhang, PhD
Session: Optimizing Outcomes via the Feedback Loop - Making personalized nutrition a reality requires that we address a multiplicity of real-world challenges such as rapid, ethical, and standardized digital evidence collection and dissemination; meaningful and translational research approaches; consumer-driven product development; and efficient integration of clinical tools. Panelists will explore several angles on optimizing real-time feedback loops in personalized nutrition.
- Moderator: Sonja Horner
- Mette Dyherberg
- David Korsunsky BSc, MBA
- Helen Messier PhD, MD
- Ali Mostashari, PhD
Wednesday, September 29, 2021: Innovative Directions in Science & Practice (Afternoon)
Personalized nutrition is a field with great potential to address chronic disease and optimize human health and performance. This session examines the potential of personalized approaches to transform human health and the healthcare landscape through continued advancements in nutrition research, technology, and evidence-based nutrition care.
This session will equip learners to:
- Define personalized nutrition and describe its scope and role in human health
- Recognize the potential of personalized nutrition to transform human health and healthcare
- Discuss innovations and current challenges facing the field of personalized nutrition
- NIH 2020-2030 Vision: Increasing the Scope, Quality, Dissemination, & Impact of Nutrition Research - Christopher Lynch, PhD
- Precision Nutrition Innovation: Science, Technology and Consumer Needs - Silvia Berciano Benitez, BSc, MSc
- Interplay of Nutrition & Exercise with Human Genomics & Gut Microbial Communities - Catherine Saenz, PhD, RD, CSCS
- Machine Learning & the Philosophy of Science in Evidence Based Personalized Nutrition - James Neil, BSc PhD
Thursday, September 30, 2021: Omics in Practice (Full day)
This session presented in conjunction with the Natural Health Research Institute
Personalized nutrition is rooted in the concept that one size does not fit all; differences in our biochemistry, metabolism, genetics, and microbiota all contribute to the dramatic differences between individuals in response to various inputs and exposures. This session examines the role omics approaches in personalized nutrition practice.
This session will equip learners to:
- Identify mechanisms by which personalized nutrition approaches may enhance or alter phenotypic expression
- Discuss the influence of omics research on the field of personalized nutrition
- Translate clinically relevant omics research into evidence-based personalized nutrition intervention strategies
- Translating Omics into Practice - José Ordovás, PhD
- Searching for An Anti-Aging Diet with New Methylation Technology - Josh Mitteldorf, PhD
- Nutrition, Genetics & Male Infertility - Ahmed El-Sohemy, PhD
- Nutrition, Genetics & Premenstrual Symptoms - Ahmed El-Sohemy, PhD
- Personalized Nutrition & Lifestyle as Disease Cure: Systems Biology & Phenotypic Flexibility - Suzan Wopereis, PhD
- Circadian Rhythm & Timing of Nutrition in Health & Disease - Satchidananda Panda, PhD
On-Demand Sessions - All sessions below will be available in the virtual platform until October 30th.
- Sugar Cravings & Neuropods: Gut-Brain Neurocircuitry Drives Eating Behavior - Diego Borhorquez, PhD
- The Role of the Microbiome in Neurocognition & Immune Modeling - Derrick MacFabe, MD, FACN
- Genetic Variation in Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Metabolism, Inflammation, Resolution and Covid-19 Risk - Artemis Simopoulos, MD
- Microbiomics & the Future of Personalized Nutrition Practice - Tim Spector, PhD
- Mind, Mood & the GI System - Kathie Swift, MS, RDN, LDN, FAND, EBQ
- Innovative Assessments & the Future of Personalized Practice - Mona Ezzat Velinov , MD, ABFM, ABIHM, IFMCP
- Catalyst Session: Adoption: Behavior Change, User Experience & User Psychology