The Integrating Nutrition Into Practice Training Program and Certification (Certified Personalized Nutrition Practitioner) is a concise, clinically-focused educational program to arm you, along with a broad cross section of advanced licensed healthcare practitioners, with the skills and knowledge to apply personalized nutrition in your practice. You will find the latest information, assessments, and modalities and practitioner resources to tailor a personalized nutrition care plan for a specific patient or client.
Those who complete this program will:
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from the American Nutrition Association
- Learners will be eligible for a maximum of 44 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. The Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists designates this activity for a maximum of 40 Continuing Education credits for Certified Nutrition Specialists.
- Meet coursework requirement (one of the eligibility requirements) for the Certified Personalized Nutrition Practitioner (CPN-P) credential
- 100% online, and self-paced.
- Designed to be completed within 11 weeks, 4 hours per week.
- Must be completed within 6 months of registration.
- Approximate total learning time: 44 hours for required course materials plus additional learning time for supplemental materials.
This program consists of three self-paced modules designed to be completed within 10 weeks. Each module will consist of:
- Video presentations
- PowerPoint slides
- Required readings (published articles, textbook chapters)
- Clinical reference sheets
- Quiz questions to assess learning outcomes
After completing this training program, participants should be able to:
- Understand and apply the personalized nutrition care model and personalize nutrition roadmap in clinical practice for prevention and treatment of chronic disease and optimal health.
- Communicate effectively with patients about the role of nutrition in their health or disease.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary healthcare team and identify patients and clients for referral to a personalized nutrition specialist.
Course & Certification Pricing
- Personalized Nutrition Practitioner Training Program: $1534
- 15% discount ($1242) for ANA Members
*Must use ANA Member discount code at time of purchase to receive the discount.
- CPNP Certification Fee - $400
- Advanced licensed healthcare providers including MD/DO, OD, DC, ND, NP, PA, APRN, and Pharmacists
- Nutrition Professionals (RDN, others).
- Note: this program is not targeted to Certified Nutrition Specialists (CNS). CNS certificants have demonstrated a deeper and more specialized set of skills and knowledge in personalized nutrition. The CNS is the highest level certification in Personalized Nutrition. However, the PNP course may serve as a useful review for these professionals, and CEUs may be earned.
Twelve Advanced Practice Modules:
1. Personalized Nutrition Deep Dive
2. Personalized Nutrition Assessment
3. Nutrients, Supplements & Therapeutic Diets
4. Nutritional Genomics & Other Omics
5. Gastrointestinal Health & the Microbiome
6. Cognitive & Mental Health
7. Immune Resilience & Autoimmune Disease
8. Cardiovascular Health
9. Metabolic Health & Weight Management
10. Impact of Toxicity on Health
11. Hormone Health
12. Behavior Change & Motivational Interviewing
Learners will be eligible for a maximum of 44 CME credits
25+ hours of video, 80+ pages of text content, 40+ Clinical Resource Sheets and other practical resources.
To be eligible for the Certified Personalized Nutrition Practitioner (CPNP) credential, candidates must meet each of the following requirements:
Degree and Training Requirements
Degree Requirement: The candidate must hold one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in the field of nutrition, dietetics, or related health science field from a United States regionally accredited college or university, or its foreign equivalent; or
- Master of Science or doctoral degree in health science or medicine, from a United States regionally accredited college or university, or its foreign equivalent;
“Regionally accredited” means an institution that was accredited, at the time the degree was awarded, by a regional accreditation body in the United States which is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the United States Department of Education. Degrees from institutions outside the U.S. must be from that country’s equivalent of a regionally accredited U.S. institution and translated. Licenses from countries outside of the U.S. must be translated and have nutrition in legal scope of practice.
Training Requirement: All candidates must have completed all three modules of the American Nutrition Association (ANA) Personalized Nutrition Practitioner Training program. Please do not apply to sit for the exam until you have completed the training program.
The candidate must pass the Certification Examination for Personalized Nutrition Practitioners.
The Certification Examination for Personalized Nutrition Practitioners is designed to test the knowledge and skills acquired by those who have successfully completed the educational requirements outlined above.
The CPNP Exam is offered year-round and can be taken once the training is complete.
To apply for the CPNP Exam: https://lms.theana.org/courses/56097
- State license or certification as a healthcare practitioner in the U.S. with nutrition in legal scope of practice, including MD/DO, DC, ND, NP, PA, APRN, Pharmacists, RDN, or foreign equivalent; and
In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, planning committees, moderators, faculty, and all others in control of the educational content of the continuing education activity must disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies that they may have had within the past 24 months. If an individual refuses to disclose financial relationships, they will be disqualified from being a part of the planning and implementation of the activity. Owners and/or employees of an ineligible company with business lines or products relating to the content of the activity will not be permitted to participate in the planning or execution of any accredited program. All listed relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies for individuals in control of content have been mitigated.
The American Nutrition Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Nutrition Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 40 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists designates this activity for a maximum of 40 Continuing Education credits for Certified Nutrition Specialists.
- Victoria Yunez Behm, MS, CNS, LDN
- Robert Bonakdar, MD, FACN, FAAFP
- Dale Breseden, MD
- Michelle Carrington, MS, CNS, LDN
- Ahmed El-Sohemy, PhD
- Norton Fishman, MD, CNS
- Camille Freeman, DCN, LDN
- Bibiana Garcia-Bailo, PhD
- Erin King-Mullins, MD, FACS, FASCRS
- Liz Lipski, PhD, CNS, FACN, BCHN, LDN, IFMCP
- Tierona Low Dog, MD
- Susan Lynch, PhD
- Diana Noland, MPH, RDN, IFMCP
- Hetal Patel, MD, M.S.H.S., CHCQM-PHYADV
- David Perlmutter, MD, FACN, ABIHM
- Joseph Pizzorno, ND
- Dana Reed, MS, CNS, CDN
- Doreen Saltiel, MD, FACC, FAARFM, ABAARM
- Jill Sheppard Davenport, MS, MPP, CNS, LDN, LN, NBC-HWC
- Artemis P. Simopoulos, MD, FACN
- Marvin Singh, MD
- Michael Stone, MD, MS, IFMCP
- Mark Tager, MD
- Jessica Titchenal, DCN, MS, CNS, CN
- Filomena Trindade, MD, MPH, ABOIM, ABFM
- Sherry Torkos, B.SC.PHM
- David Wright, MD
- Lara Zakaria, RPh, CNS, IFMCP
A complete listing of disclosures for all those involved in developing and influencing the content of this activity is below.
Conflict of Interest (COI) Mitigation
All relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies listed for individuals in control of content have been mitigated using a multi-step process including independent peer review of presentations.
The American Nutrition Association expresses our profound thanks to our sponsors
- Microbiome Labs
- Ortho Molecular Products
- Enzyme Science
- Cyrex Laboratories
- Genova Diagnostics, Inc.